'If you have a dog, you will most likely outlive it; to get a dog is to open yourself to profound joy and, prospectively, to equally profound sadness.' Marjorie Garber

Monday 19 December 2011

'Tis the Season to be Jolly


Six days until Christmas...YES, you heard me right, SIX DAYS! And before you know it, we will be toasting the new year and looking forward to 2012. Phew, exhausting...!

And where has November gone? She passed by here in a whirlwind, let me tell you. No sooner had I got used to the idea, than it was all done and dusted and advent calenders were being ripped open for the Christmas countdown. So with only five windows left to open, I wanted to  wish all my followers and readers a very Merry Christmas and if I don't have a chance to speak to you again before the end of the year, a Happy, Healthy and peaceful New year.


Actually, I started writing this post three weeks ago, but somehow, I never seemed to finish it. Just recently, I have  been spending less and less time on the computer. I don't know if it's just me but I find editing photographs to put on here is so time consuming. However, I do enjoy writing posts but I think I have been in some kind of a trance for the latter part of the year.  Events have come and gone, milestones passed and I haven't felt the urge to blog about them.  I can feel myself changing; not physically, although inevitably I am, but mentally and spiritually. I think my pace of life is slowing down. Now, I enjoy going for a long walk with my Hubby and our Dog, Rosie, more than anything. I like this slower pace. I feel chilled out, to borrow a phrase from my youngest Darling Daughter. But I haven't been idle, oh no! I have been busy, busy, busy and I will tell you all about it in the next few weeks. So I haven't stopped until now to think: "Wow, do I feel festive? You bet I do!"

So what do I want for Christmas? I know it's a cliche and I may regret this later, but I really want snow this Christmas. 'I want the whole package' to quote Julia Roberts: the family all together and enjoying a traditional feast, yes please; Nat or Bing crooning in the background, I don't mind; beautifully wrapped presents, that would be nice; a crackling log fire, essential; fairy lights, ooh yes; tinsel, naturally; a fresh fir tree, without a doubt and a crisp, clean carpet of pure white snow on Christmas morning. Bliss!


Merry Christmas, 
with all my love 
Sue xxx

4 comments:

  1. Seasons greetings to you too Sue and have a cool Yule :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you and most happy festive and peaceful times to you too. Lovely post. Love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow would be lovely-but then, it might play havoc with family trying to get here for lunch, so maybe not. Whatever, hope you have a really happy Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete