'If you have a dog, you will most likely outlive it; to get a dog is to open yourself to profound joy and, prospectively, to equally profound sadness.' Marjorie Garber

Sunday 25 February 2018

The Funny Thing About Truth!

THis morning's 'Midnight-Oil Meal' - natural greek yoghurt, black pepper, simple, cheap, delicious!
Funny thing, truth...I was brought up believing that as long as you told the truth, you had nothing to worry about.

No, no, no, truth is far more complicated than that...you also need PERMISSION!
Names, facts, you can't just use them willy-nilly! You need to ask. So you can't just use a person's real name, or maybe you can...any armchair lawyers out there who can tell me??
Let me stress here, no-one yet is threatening a lawsuit (an Americanism we Brits now embrace!), but just recently this blog and my Instagram account have taken on a bit of a life of their own, and I always use real names except for my nearest and dearest where I use euphemisms (love that word!)
COPYRIGHT ...another beauty. I own the copyright on this stuff, that I know. I borrow from time to time, I try to always say where I've borrowed from.


ALLEGEDLY, I studied Law over a period of several years...that is true. Never really known why, something to do with TRUTH, don't kid yourself, law and truth, they are not the same thing!

I should know all these things, but I gave up on law, and it on me, back in the 1980s, when all law was really about was the MONEY...still is.

Anyway, I digress... It occurred to me in the wee hours that my best friends never met Beverley, she was part of my truth before we met. And I'm not sure, if I ever talked about her to them. It seems odd that two women who are like Sisters to me, should not know someone who was so fundamental to the makeup of my character, to the true me. There will be lots of these TRUTH posts...you will be bored. That's all for now and some irrelevant images. because a good blog, (Self evaluation!) has to have images too...see you soon
Bristol Bier Keller...does it still exist???German bier swilling to music, early eighties stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment