'If you have a dog, you will most likely outlive it; to get a dog is to open yourself to profound joy and, prospectively, to equally profound sadness.' Marjorie Garber

Friday 24 June 2011

Where Have all the Icons gone?

I have just read with great sadness that Habitat, an icon of British design and style, has gone into administration, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13901123. Yet another famous British Brand that has been sold off on the cheap to be dumbed down. Apparently, 'Habitat' branded goods will be sold within franchises at Homebase, who is owned by HRG (who also own Argos). I'm still mourning the loss of Cadburys to Kraft, and don't even start me on the topic of the geat British Mini car! A sad day for British design. I'm off now to say goodbye to our local branch of Habitat! S x

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe this is possible! Habitat of all companies?? What is going on in the world?? I love Habitat :-) ... can't afford most of it, but I still love it !! Very sad news :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back again ... I could rant and rave about the A..hole politicians ... what a mess ...
    Must get back in my box now!

    ReplyDelete